As part of a fast-evolving, global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals. Sponsored by the Willis Re Executive team, our two-year foundational learning program - The REinsurnace ACHievment Program (REACH) will provide everything you need to know about the reinsurance industry and for career success. This program is unique in the reinsurance industry and is set up to compete with the best training programs available across the financial services.
- Both, in-person and virtual learning modules led by expert facilitators and subject matter experts.
- A multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance models as well as a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client-facing skills training.
- Sponsorship by the Willis Re executive team, and support from a wide network of mentors and peer buddies to support your networking and career development.
- Opportunities to travel to meet and learn with your class group in major metro locations like our office in the City of London.
- Full sponsorship and support to achieve professional qualifications like the CII and Actuarial.
- This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to experienced leaders.
What You Will Do
- As a Graduate Actuarial Analyst in our office in Johannesburg you will be immersed in all aspects of front line actuarial work for our insurance clients from early in your career, including:
- Analysis for client pitches and meetings and participation in client meetings.
- Assisting in building reinsurance pricing models and actuarial benchmarks.
- Data collection and manipulation in spreadsheets and other database applications.
- Developing expertise in using Willis Towers Watson proprietary Financial Modelling and Reinsurance Optimization software.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics or Actuarial Sciences.
- Some actuarial exams and first international experience e.g. through internships are a positive.
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels of the business.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility.
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion.
- Willingness and ability to act as a team player.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:10th May 2021, 6:00 pm