Data Analyst assisting Centre of Excellence (COE) team leads in the execution of analytics and business intelligence activities within the COE with the objective of gaining insights in various process of the client’s business to unlock value in various forms.
The role is a combination of Business analytics & Data analytics. The Data Analyst role is focused on the visualization of data to provide insights as required by the clients. In addition to this, assisting the COE lead to build out new data flows needed for projects, plan and document business logic pertaining to projects and managing client expectations.
What You Will Do
Technical Activities - Data Analytics Role:
- Working with big data in its various facets.
- Database design.
- Data mining & Extraction of data (E.g. SQL).
- Visualization and interpretation of data (E.g. Power Bi).
- Transformation and formulation of data to form business logic (E.g. SQL, Python, Spark Excel).
Client Facing Activities - Business Analytics Role:
- Business intelligence and reporting.
- Engaging with stakeholders to source data and understand requirements of output.
- Drawing up scope documents and facilitating the said scope with project stakeholders.
- Participating and facilitating workshops with project stakeholders in the pursuit of developing an output.
- Presentation of final deliverables.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Successfully completed Business Analytics and Intelligence Related degree.
- Understanding of statistical methods.
- Use of R and/or SAS languages.
- Statistical analysis software understanding.
- Analytic problem solving.
- Effective communication.
- Creative thinking.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
Pretoria (South Africa)
- Closing Date:20th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm