Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to actively participate in the development of the engineering designs on a project and to ensure that they are in accordance with project requirements and company objectives and are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the WOOD Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
What You Will Do
- To assist with the development of technical specifications, calculations, reports, design criteria and other documents required by the project in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good-practice, and company procedural requirements.
- To learn about design engineering standards on mining projects.
- Participate in the review of design documents and drawings from own discipline and from other disciplines, including the review of vendor documentation for compliance with project specifications.
- To understand the level of detail of each stage of a project life cycle.
- Participate in factory acceptance tests under the supervision of a lead engineer.
- Understand how man hour estimate are put together and how the business works.
- Ensure compliance and take initiative for safety and environmental issues.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc, BEng, or B. Tech Graduate.
- Willing to register as a candidate engineer with the Engineering Council of South Africa and see the process through until finally being register as and Engineering Professional.
- Be willing to learn new things.
- Be adaptable and agile to the working environment.
- Be proficient with the complete Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Have a working knowledge of at least one CAD Application.
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good organizational, administration and time management skills.
- A proactive attitude.
- Personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- A common-sense approach to everyday life.
- A willingness to treat all people with respect, integrity and consistency.
- High levels of initiative and “get up and go” to manage own work flow to meet objectives.
- A capacity for persistence and resilience and patience in a sometimes-challenging environment.
- An appreciation of the value of teamwork and willingness to work as part of a team, providing support for other team members as required.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm