The TMT programme is an 18-24 month trainee programme designed to develop Fabric Technologists for the business.
What You Will Do
- Shadow Lead Fabric Technologist to understand end to end Fabric Management Process, Merchandise Cycle and Critical Path.
- Attachments (Mills, Garment Suppliers and Stores) for product knowledge upskilling.
- Processing of fabric base (Full Test) on PLM after Technology sign off.
- Administration of Fabric Material Library and Fabric Reference Centre.
- Color assessment with Design and Buying.
- Bulk Fabric assessment.
- Customer Complaint investigation and resolution.
- Single and Bulk RTV trend analysis and feedback (Includes visits to SRTV Warehouse).
- Research and identify new commercial innovation (fabric and finishing) and sustainability.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Relevant degree /diploma in Textile Technology or Engineering/Chemistry related field.
- Previous fabric manufacturing and/or Retail experience will be advantageous.
- Basic knowledge fibre and yarn manufacturing (natural and synthetic).
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes (knitting and weaving).
- Basic understanding of dyeing, printing and finishing.
- General knowledge of garment manufacturing process.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Highly numerate.
- Customer orientation.
- Computer literate.
- Assertive and able to communicate and influence effectively.
- Appetite to acquire new knowledge through self-motivated learning.
Closed a day ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Western Cape (South...
- Closing Date:10th May 2021, 6:00 pm