The WFP Summer Internship Program is a 12-week full-time program for highly qualified Egyptian students and fresh graduates to explore the opportunity of working with the United Nations in Egypt:
You will learn about WFP and its culture through real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career. Through this experience you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
Clear responsibilities as of day 1 - You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
Continuous mentoring and coaching - You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
Networking opportunities - You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
What You Will Do
The Social Media Intern will assist the communications team in the creation of content for the regional social media platforms. The selected candidate should be able to come up with creative ideas, possess refined writing skills in English and Arabic and create relevant visuals.
- Create creative, on-brand, high-quality content (posts, videos, images) for all social media platforms to best engage target audiences, build brand awareness and convert and retain followers.
- Write and edit all copy for social media incorporating the WFP voice and style.
- Determine areas of opportunity, identify trends and champion new ideas around creative formats, tools and tracking.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends.
- Produce social media posts in English and Arabic for each social media platform.
- Build and maintain social media calendars.
- Publish content daily.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fresh graduates preferably in Marketing, Broadcasting, Communication or a related field.
- Full-time availability during the next three months.
- Strong academic track record (good, very good or excellent ratings).
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Extracurricular activity is an asset.
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Ability to write compelling social media copy.
- Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multitasking and analytical skills.
- Job type:Internships
Marketing and Sales, Media and Advertising,...
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2019, 6:00 pm