You will learn about WFP and its culture through a real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career.
Through this experience you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
Clear Responsibilities as of Day 1:
You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
Continuous Mentoring and Coaching:
You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
Why Join WFP:
Saving & Changing Lives:
- Make a difference, the world will notice.
- We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
- Build bridges that unite people across the world.
- Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
- How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
- Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
- WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
- WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
What You Will Do
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Communications Unit with the following key duties:
- Update and maintain the Cairo Regional Bureau’s internal website (Intranet). The intern will be mainly working on internal communications which requires liaising with different units and country offices in the MENA region to ensure that their respective pages on the intranet are frequently updated to ensure that staff members in both the Regional Bureau and country offices in the region can easily find the information they need.
- Support in drafting a content strategy/plan for internal communications.
- Support the Regional Communications officer with editing short stories written by colleagues for the Intranet website.
- Assist in updating and maintaining WFP’s regional media list.
- Produce web metrics reports of the Intranet website to understand trends and give recommendations on what works and what doesn’t work.
- Assist in the development, production, and completion of internal marketing programs.
- Create content and/or write original stories and communications for internal communications channels.
- Contribute to and support multiple communication initiatives.
- Assist in launching surveys to get feedback from employees on the internal website.
- Upload and publish content on WFP Arabic website.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University students with graduation year in 2019 or 2020.
- Recent graduate (max. 6 months after graduation).
- Excellent knowledge of English, fluency in Arabic is an asset.
- Familiarity with publishing content on websites and using content management systems such as (Drupal).
- Experience using Photoshop or other photo editing software.
- Creative open-minded team player with strong initiative and willingness to learn.
- Full-time availability in the period July and August.
- Strong academic track record (good, very good or excellent ratings).
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Extracurricular activities are a must.
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:28th Apr 2019, 6:00 pm