You will learn about WFP and its culture through a real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career.
Through this experience you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
Clear Responsibilities as of Day 1:
You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
Continuous Mentoring and Coaching:
You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
Why Join WFP:
Saving & Changing Lives:
- Make a difference, the world will notice.
- We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
- Build bridges that unite people across the world.
- Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
- How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
- Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
- WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
- WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
What You Will Do
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Monitoring Unit with the following key duties:
- Develop data products (Dashboards and data stories) making use of the data from WFP corporate systems. This includes getting requirements, setting data connections, template drafting, crowd-sourcing feedback, and publishing the product.
- Support on developing data verification mechanism to enhance data quality.
- Produce Dashboard and data story.
- Develop data quality scorecard.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University students with graduation year in 2019 or 2020.
- Recent graduate (max. 6 months after graduation).
- Studies in Business Informatics or Computer and Data Sciences or Data Mining or any related background.
- Full-time availability in the period July and August.
- Strong academic track record (good, very good or excellent ratings).
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Extracurricular activities are a must.
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Excel, Tableau and data visualization; Strong data management skills.
- Knowledge of graphic design tools would be a plus.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:28th Apr 2019, 6:00 pm