The Budget & Programming Unit focuses on Resource Management optimization in the 8 Country Offices (COs) under the Regional Bureau Nairobi (RBN). The Unit is composed of two teams, one focusing on Supply Chain Management and a second one focusing on Funds and Budget Management. WFP has recently changed its Financial Structure to maximize its operational effectiveness through realistic financial planning, enhancing accountability, streamlining processes and harmonizing programmatic, financial and result frameworks.
In this context, RBN’s role is critical to ensure adequate support is provided to all Country Offices so that the new structure is fully understood by key stakeholders and that Country Offices’ teams are equipped with the right tools and training material. One of the focuses of the RBN B&P team in 2020 will be the development of training packages for different audiences that should support the transfer of knowledge in key B&P areas.
What You Will Do
The Resource Management intern will support the development of training packages for different audiences on Budget and Programming key areas, including:
- Familiarity with the Budget Structure.
- Budget Preparation.
- Funds Management.
- Global Commodity Management Facility.
- Pipeline Management.
- Additionally, the intern will contribute to effective and efficient Funds Management and proper resource utilization by providing support to relevant Country Offices to ensure that country Offices are guided and supported in funds management analysis and with special attention to critical expiring funds balances.
- Country Offices are guided on interpreting funds status reports through correct analysis of available resources against implementation plan requirements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in the University and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program (Master's degree) from a recognized university.
- Graduated from a university undergraduate or graduate program within the last 6 months preferably in Economics, International
- Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Accounting or another relevant field.
- Fluent in English (both oral and written) is a must.
- Knowledge of a second UN language, preferably French, would be an asset.
- Full proficiency in the MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce, Economics, Science
- Closing Date:30th Mar 2020, 6:00 pm