The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill a Communications intern position in our WFP Korea Office, based in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
WFP Seoul Office is located at the Seoul National University and the main work includes resource mobilization, advocacy and support of WFP field operations.
WFP Seoul Office’s Communications team is responsible for raising brand awareness and familiarity among Korean public by providing information and messages to media, and managing and creating contents on social media.
Under the direct supervision of Communications Officer, the incumbent will be provided with close mentoring, guidance and technical supervision. Performance planning and reviews as well as learning and development discussions will be elemental part of the supervision. Communications consultant will be the second-level supervisor. With the support of a comprehensive induction package and assignment of a buddy/mentor, the intern will rapidly become a productive member of the team.
Throughout their assignment WFP interns have access to an industry leading learning platform, weLearn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should:
- Understand WFP and UN system.
- Understand the role of PPR WFP Korea office in the whole WFP system.
- Learn how to develop and manage partnerships with government counterparts.
- Learn practical skills in Communications such as promoting WFP and Zero hunger. challenge issues in the Republic of Korea.
What You Will Do
Under the direct supervision of Communications Officer, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Assist in generating visibility content including text, photos, videos and audio.
- Utilize Adobe graphic tools such as InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.
- Assist in managing WFP’s online channels (Facebook, Naver blog, Instagram, etc.).
- Translate contents in Korean and/or in English.
- Prepare, organize, and take photos of online and offline events.
- Support the drafting of newsletters, magazine articles or any other written contents.
- Search online and offline news articles related to WFP.
- Plan and implement social engagements activities with influencers and volunteers.
- Assist in performing other tasks as requested.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past twelve months) in one or more of the following disciplines - Political Science, International Relations, International Development/Cooperation, Development Economics, Public Administration, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or other relevant fields (ODA-related preferred).
- University course attendance in the past 12 months.
- Experience in an UN-related internship or in fundraising.
- Experience in organizing offline campaigns or events.
- Skills and experience in either of photography, graphic design, and video editing is a significant advantage.
- Strong Korean and English writing skills.
- Working knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
- Social media management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Ability to work in a team setting that has direct contact with multinational counterparts.
- Ability to plan and organize work efficiently.
- Resourcefulness, action-oriented, maturity, tact, advocacy skills.
- Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) and Korean is required.
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Economics, Journalism
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:22nd Jul 2021, 6:00 pm