Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, or other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually-driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
In this role, you will be part of the electromobility team in the Urban Efficiency and Climate workstream, working within the WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities. The electromobility work at WRI focuses on facilitating the successful and strategic expansion of electric vehicles throughout the world, to help achieve global climate objectives.
The WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities helps create accessible, equitable, healthy, and resilient urban areas for people, businesses, and the environment to thrive. Together with partners, we enable more connected, compact, and coordinated cities.
What You Will Do
As an electromobility intern, you will work with other members of the electromobility team at WRI to help research, document, and publish findings. One of your primary tasks will be to help populate and launch the team’s electric transportation database, which is a resource that will provide detailed information on a wide range of global issues related to enable mass adoption of electric vehicles.
Through this position, you will communicate both with staff in Washington DC and with staff across WRI’s international offices.
- Conduct and coordinate research and analysis on various electromobility topics.
- Organize information and research to input to the team’s online electric transportation database.
- Assist team members with collecting and organizing data from various sources.
- Contribute written and graphic content to publications, reports, papers, and presentations.
- Lead the development of a monthly global electric transportation newsletter.
The Intern will gain Experience in the Following Areas:
- Program design and management.
- Technical research & writing.
- Electric transportation technologies & policy development.
- Event planning.
- Website development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Superb and detail-oriented writing skills.
- Excellent editing, research, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable previous experience in creating original projects, products, or research activities.
- Detail-oriented, organized and independent thinker.
- Demonstrable previous work experience and enthusiasm regarding sustainable transportation.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, juggle multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines and competing demands.
- Fluency in English (required).
- Fluency in another language, particularly Spanish or Chinese is desirable.
- Job type:Internships
Washington (United States...
- Closing Date:26th Aug 2019, 6:00 pm