The role of the HR Administrator is to provide administrative, data analysis and co-ordinating support within the HR Team to ensure the smooth delivery of a pro-active administrative and operational HR service.
What You Will Do
- Your clients are the WSP Internal community and the team will be highly client facing through ensuring all queries (telephone, email and verbal) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner, standards are met and work is delivered. The whole administrative function must be responsive to the needs of the business.
- Emphasis of the team is placed upon responding to applicants, sending out offers of employment (creation of contracts and offer packs), collating the requisite pre-employment data (references, pre-employment health questionnaires etc), communication to line managers and other stakeholders.
- The team will be responsible for issuing leaver forms on receipt of resignation, updating the employment status on the HR System, checking with the Finance department for any outstanding loan / agreement balances prior to updating Payroll.
- The team is responsible for the collation of monthly changes in the payroll, including starters and leavers.
- Creating correspondence for all forms of variation; from a change in hours to a promotion; updating the system and advising the key stakeholders.
- The HR system is the first point of entry for the majority of employee data for the business feeding into the IT and Finance systems, and into the Global People Database.
- The team is responsible for ensuring full and accurate completion of all employee data, changes and regular reconciliation of data integrity.
- Reconciliation and analysis of employee sickness, responding to queries on ad hoc absence (maternity/paternity, compassionate leave, parental leave), processing of WSP benefits and the requisite correspondence and communication with payroll/line managers.
- Ensuring the HR officers, Business Partners and HR Director have full administrative support across a range of activities; including note taking in formal employee meetings, employee transfers, filing, data management and general queries.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma/B.Tech/B.Degree in Human Resource Management or similar is an advantage.
- Vacation work or internship experience in Human Resources is an advantage.
- A positive attitude with a strong work ethic is key.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite in particular Excel, is essential.
- Experience of an HR system would be good to have but is not essential.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong client focus, with a proactive approach towards the delivery of their duties and a positive attitude to all tasks.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and use of their own initiative are qualities vital to the role.
- Applicants should also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Candidates should be strong team players, committed and willing to take on new challenges.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Human Resources, Management
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:8th Jun 2019, 6:00 pm