World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Private Sector Engagement Intern focused on helping advance our work with the tech sector.
Are you a technologist that likes to keep on top of real-world uses of AI, blockchain, IoT and other emerging technologies? Are you interested in the future of sustainability, and how it will be impacted by our increasingly digital economy? Do you ever wonder about the environmental footprint of that phone in your pocket, and wonder how you could help minimize it?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you could be a good fit for interning with WWF as we build and deploy innovative partnerships with leading tech companies aimed at driving conservation impact.
Gain valuable experience in corporate social responsibility and sustainability while supporting the world’s leading conservation organization. The Private Sector Engagement (PSE) team is looking for a self-motivated, innovative, creative, and analytical thinker who can help support WWF’s efforts to build cause-related marketing, transformational business, philanthropic and/or employee engagement relationships with corporate partners in the tech sector, aimed at advancing WWF’s conservation mission.
What You Will Do
- Contributes to WWF’s corporate partnership strategy focused on the tech sector - Supporting supervisor as we identify tech firms for engagement, develop partnership concepts and proactively pitch to leading tech firms.
- Lends analytical insights to the PSE team by conducting ongoing research on the latest tech trends, best-in-class sector partnerships and opportunities for proactive engagement.
- Works collaboratively with other departments across WWF, including those on our Goal teams driving on-the-ground conservation impact, in the development of innovative project ideas involving emerging tech solutions and expertise.
- Plans and participates actively in team brainstorms on unique ways to engage specific tech companies/industries based on shared priorities and maximum impact.
- Helps coordinate the implementation of the new tech sector employee engagement program, aimed at building relationships with tech employees through unique volunteer opportunities, events and giving opportunities.
- Tracks, coordinates with and learns from other tech sector relationships across the rest of WWF US and other WWF offices around the world.
- Provides additional support as needed to help advance this work.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required, with a preference for those with a Masters’ degree or working towards a Masters’ degree.
- Experience in new business development, sustainability and/or marketing.
- Knowledge of and interest in the technology sector and emerging technologies, as well as the ability to make sense of complex technologies and technological concepts for various audiences.
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and HTML.
- Strong verbal and written communications background, and an ability to write, deliver and evaluate communications for specific audiences and outcomes.
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Attention to detail.
- Organized, self-motivated and flexible.
- Demonstrates a history of leadership, initiative and accountability for work. Ability to work independently and deliver against deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment across institutional and reporting lines with accuracy and professionalism.
- Connections to contacts in the tech sector is a plus. Familiarity with sustainability at tech companies is a plus.
- Job type:Internships
San Francisco (United...
- Closing Date:23rd Sep 2020, 6:00 pm