We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About Digital Ag Solutions:
Yara aims to be the crop nutrition company for the future and is leading the development of sustainable agriculture and digital tools to contribute to solving global agricultural challenges. We have a worldwide presence with sales teams in ~150 countries and around 17,000 employees.
Drawing on over a century of crop nutrition experience, Yara established the Digital Farming unit – now Digital Ag Solutions (DAS) – 4 years ago to explore how technology could be used to impact farmer livelihoods and productivity. Today, DAS has built products for smallholder and professional farmers, retailers and other farming ecosystem stakeholders across Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe.
We are an international team of engineers, scientists, researchers, designers and agronomists working together to achieve Yara’s goal to responsibly feed this world and protect the planet.
Join us in building new digital products and services to create value for stakeholders across the agricultural ecosystem.
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.
What You Will Do
- Work within a product team with a product manager, designers, and other developers to create engaging, user-centric solutions, applications and/or services that solve the needs of the smallholder farming communities around the world (farmers, offtakes, retailers, dealers, markets, and all other stakeholders within a farming community).
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a product, from early-stage inception through to full market release and continuous improvement after initial launch.
- Work together with field solutions team of UX professionals and Subject Matter Experts in rapidly creating solution prototypes to validate ideas collated from smallholder community personas across the globe.
- Contribute to MVPs, partial and full release products and various stages of development and release on different release trains.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Passion, interest or curiosity in software development, mobile development and technology stacks.
- Must be comfortable with the MS Office suite of products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2021, 6:00 pm