We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About Digital Ag Solutions:
Yara aims to be the crop nutrition company for the future and is leading the development of sustainable agriculture and digital tools to contribute to solving global agricultural challenges. We have a worldwide presence with sales teams in ~150 countries and around 17,000 employees.
Drawing on over a century of crop nutrition experience, Yara established the Digital Farming unit – now Digital Ag Solutions (DAS) – 4 years ago to explore how technology could be used to impact farmer livelihoods and productivity. Today, DAS has built products for smallholder and professional farmers, retailers and other farming ecosystem stakeholders across Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe.
We are an international team of engineers, scientists, researchers, designers and agronomists working together to achieve Yara’s goal to responsibly feed this world and protect the planet. Join us in building new digital products and services to create value for stakeholders across the agricultural ecosystem.
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.
What You Will Do
- Translate fuzzy concepts into a clear direction through UX deliverables such as mood boards, sketches, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Deliver experiences that are optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, including phone, tablet, and web, and desktop.
- Adopt (and champion) a user-centered design approach through rapidly testing and iterating on your concepts and designs.
- Operate in cross-functional teams; including agronomy (SME), product, content, engineering and marketing in a collaborative effort to share and implement research and user experience insights.
- Encourage and promote UX and design thinking within the teams that you work with.
- Communicate and contribute your design decisions with engineering and global design team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong system thinking on to turn the science of agronomy into structured information architecture and usable insights.
- Experience in coordinating projects across multiple countries and vendor management.
- Consumer-focused UX experience on at least two full mobile projects – preferably low LSM segments.
- Aligned with our principles: customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, transparency.
- Has proficiency with design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, Adobe, JIRA.
- Understanding and use of agile/scrum methodologies.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Design and User Experience
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2021, 6:00 pm